12-21-09

Posted by Michael Menchaca On 11:03 PM
12-21-09

0 Responses to '12-21-09'

Translate

Thank You!

MCM Vectors

Followers

Contact

mcmvectors@gmail.com michaelmenchaca.com

About the 1900 Vectors Project

This project began as an attempt to live up the the brand name MCMVectors. MCM, translating to 1900 in Roman numerals, incited an inherent devotion to the literal translation of the brand "1900Vectors". The project was initiated on March 16, 2009 and continued through Dec. 26, 2010, when it was placed on hold for academic finalization.

As of Nov. 1, 2011, the project has resurfaced.

---------------------------------------------------------

Why am I doing this? As a visual artist it is important for me to keep producing work everyday. It is one of my ways of keeping myself visually stimulated and continue to create work daily for the next 5 years. Self portraits, events, and changing daily themes are all part of the collective stock that this diary comprises. Due to the nature of the project, I am required to have access to the internet and my computer at all times.This is not always a possibility, so I'm posting vectors in bulk at times. Thank you for visiting the blog and visit often.

-Michael Menchaca

Follow by Email

Share it

UpTweet

Loading...

Personal Portraits

If you would like to inquire about a personal portrait, please email me at mcmvectors@gmail.com and I'll give you a quote!

MCMVectors's Fan Box

US Immigration News

Loading...

Art Headlines

Loading...

Printmaking News

Loading...

Book Newsreel

Loading...

but sometimes i don't feel like creating a vector.

There are times when I am so wrapped up in the actual "physical" world, that I don't make time to sit down and think through my digital vector explorations. These are times where I deny myself a mental release. An essential part of my day, really. Initially this blog was a way of creating a personal documentation on my self- image. A reflection of what I look like over the years and how i will undergo physical transformation or the documentation of my own aging process. However, this blog has turned into something else. It has taken on the role of a journal or diary of my ideas. It is an imperative part of my daily routine. A visual brainstorming process that helps me think more clearly and a sense of accomplishment on a daily basis. I welcome others to witness this personal process and invite them into my life, into my mind, and into my emotions. I hope you find this blog to be in all sincerity and enjoy as I continue exploring ideas.
Thank You